Using LBM for wide range of particle sizes

Hi everybody;
I am trying to simulate a wide range of particle size (from 0.0004 m to 0.01 m) to capture the fluid-particle interaction. I am wondering how many fluid grid that the smallest particles have to cover? While I am running the simulation, I received many error such as realloc(): invalid next size, corrupted size vs prev size, mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 0 on node eis-3yd19x2 exited on signal 6…
I am not sure is it because of my wide range of particle sizes ? Can anyone suggest me with any articles with simulating different particle size. Thank

When I reduced the range of particle size (from 0.0004 to 0.004), my numerical model run smoothly. So I am wondering that is there any method to increase the range of particle size but still make the model stable. Thank you

Hi,

Since you are simulating the bigger size particles, the Reynold’s number increases. As soon as you make the particles smaller, the Reynold’s number become smaller and simulation becomes stable. You need to check the Reynold’s number and use appropriate dynamics model.

Thanks