Tutorial permeability

Hello

I’m a new user of Palabos and my programming skills are very basics, I was trying to run the tutorial permeability, when compiling the code using Code Blocks in windows I have no errors or warnings but when the .exe windows appears I have this:

Error missing some input parameter
The structure is :

1. Input file name.
  2. Output directory name.
  3. number of cells in X direction.
  4. number of cells in Y direction.
  5. number of cells in Z direction.
  6. Delta P .
    Example: C:\Users\t02lh15\Desktop\palabos-v1.5r1\palabos-v1.5r1\codeblocks\bin\Debug\Palabos.exe twoSpheres.dat tmp/ 48 64 64 0.00005

Process returned 1 (0x1) execution time : 0.047 s
Press any key to continue.

and it doesn’t let me input any parameters can someone help me whit this issue?

Hi

I am using SRT and MRT of Palabos to calculate the permeability of a real sample porous media of 500^3 voxels. The basic parameters are in use. But the problem is that in high flowrate, the trend of permeability decrease is not achieved and the increasing trend is shown instead.

Please help.

Hi lhdex,

You have to put the correct parameters after the executable… You can just copy and paste the line:
C:\Users\t02lh15\Desktop\palabos-v1.5r1\palabos-v1.5r1\codeblocks\bin\Debug\Palabos.exe twoSpheres.dat tmp/ 48 64 64 0.00005 in your shell and it should run.

However tow advices:

1. Palabos is complicated and it requires quite a bit confidence with C++ and OOP programming in general
  2. Forget windows :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hi lhdex,

Have you solved this problem? I have the same problem and I try this way proposed by Sdea. It didn’t work. Could you mind give me some advice?
Thank you!
Best wishes.

Hi Ihdex,

When you locate in the root fold, you should input “./poiseuille twoSpheres.dat tmp 48 64 64 0.00005” which are implementing file, input data, output fold, three sizes of the sample data and the pressure gradient respectively.

Cheers