New Palabos release: Version 0.7 Release 2

Dear all,

In this new minor release, the compilation errors in Tutorial 2.1 and with respect to the voxelizer have been fixed.

Furthermore, the Palabos tutorial presented at DSFD in Rome is now online. Check it out! it provides a step-by-step introduction to the Python interface of Palabos.

Hi,

Ive just been trying to build palabos on my machine and hit a few problems. Typically ive used cygwin to build palabos, however when trying to build palabos with make i am getting python specific errors:

“unable to remap \?\C:\cygwin\lib\python2.6\lib-dynload\time.dll”

A quick google search led me to here. However I wasnt able to get the rebaseall command to work due to another error (seems its my lucky day today)

So for the time being a gave up on that and launched an ubuntu VM. This time no python related error, however the make still failed with the following error:

g++ -o permeability permeability.o /home/bruce/palabos-v0.7r2/lib/libplb.a
permeability.o: In function computePermeability(plb::MultiBlockLattice3D<double, plb::descriptors::D3Q19Descriptor>&, double, double, plb::Box3D)': permeability.cpp:(.text+0x516d): undefined reference todouble plb::computeAverage(plb::MultiScalarField3D&, plb::Box3D)’
permeability.o: In function T.9731': permeability.cpp:(.text+0x55de): undefined reference todouble plb::computeAverage(plb::MultiScalarField3D&, plb::Box3D)’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [permeability] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
make: *** [compile] Error 2

any ideas?

regards,
Bruce

Hi,

For the cygwin issue I have unfortunately no clue. For the compilation error, I uploaded a new version of palabos-v0.7r2.tgz and palabos-v0.7r2.zip . May I ask you to download the code once more and tell us if the problem is solved?

Thanks for that, the error is not present in this new version.

Great, thanks.