| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [: tutorial_1_1] Error 1
: No such file or directory
37 | #include “palabos2D.h”
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [: tutorial_1_1] Error 1

This makes sense since the quotes are instructed xpp to look in the current directory, Unless the CMakeLists.txt is attempting something funky I don’t know about.

My thanks for anyone who can offer me some support. I am really looking forward to performing to fluid sims and this is most frustrating.

Best wishes,

Justin

Dear Justin,

Did you try the cmake/make compilation proposed in the Palabos introduction page?

Best,
Philippe

Hi Phillipe,

You are a wonderful man for getting back to me…

I am pretty sure that it is me not remembering any of my C++, from about 15 years ago. Python makes one so lazy you know. However, I think I also found an on-line " Simulation and modeling of natural processes" at the University of Geneva so I am hope this will get me started.

I will of course also have a look at the codes you suggest and get back to you if I may?

Best wishes,

Justin

Hi Phillipe (again),

I am sorry as I suspected I have forgotten all my C++. The good news is that I have finally got some of the examples working. However, I feel like such an idiot as the cmake and make protocols that come flooding back.

My thanks for your patience. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get some blood-flow modelling done now. I shall make a start on a nice and easy Newtonian fluid after I have finished the tutorials.

best wishes,

Justin

Hi Justin,

You are welcome. Regarding blood-flow modelling with Palabos, maybe this presentation would be interesting for your case:

Best,

Philippe