Analytic Form of LBM Flow Around a Cylinder Python Code

Dear Forum Members,

I’ve just landed to this forum. I saw the Python code of flow around a cylinder application with LBM. I am using commercial codes with Navier Stokes right now but I want to learn LBM. If anyone can share the analytical approach behind the LBM Python Code, I would be gratefull.

Best regards,

Güven

Please, any document will be helpful.

Help please guys, any directive comments also will be helpful

I am expecting much more from palabos…

Hello @Guvennergiz,
Sorry, I didn’t understand your query properly. Are you looking for theoretical and background information on LBM? What exactly you mean “Analytic”, LBM is a numerical method same as Navier Stokes, except it operates in different scale so it is rooted to statistical mechanics. However, I suggest you look for standard LBM books and check out some useful videos,
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFWqCQHg-Hs

1 Like

Dear Venu,

First of all, thank you for your response. I know that is a numerical approach but there is always analytical approach behind those methods eventually. I am wondering the equations and solving procedures behind the LBM Python code (exact), which was shared in this forum;

Best regards,
Güven

Any researcher can help?

Hello Guvennergiz,

I also do not quite follow what exactly you want. But I guess you are asking more about the physical background of LBM. You might want to look into the book The Lattice Boltzmann Method - Principles and Practice by Krueger et al. for that.

1 Like

@JuliusWeinmiller @VenuAngirekula
Dear Researchers,

As you see in the link; there is an analytical solution and its numerical conversion. So I am seeking similar paper for relevant LBM Python code.

Hope that now it is clear.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Güven

1 Like

Anyone can share? Thank you.