Simulation Error (externalFlow)

Hi everyone!
I’ve tried to simulate the example “ExternalFlowAroundObject” with other values of velocity. When the Von Karman vortices appears after a while (a long time) the program exploits with the next error:
http://imageshack.com/a/img845/8539/55qb.png
The image PPM is:
http://imageshack.com/a/img841/6237/uvk3.png
Like you can see it doesn’t work fine.
Does anybody know what I’m doing bad?
I changed de velocity to 50 and the lattice velocity to 0.1

I’ve already tried to simulate with a smaller value of lattice velocity, but it take much time. To change the resolution, and the program also exploits. And the Smagorinsky LES model also without results.

Maybe you should consider running your simulation without MPI first time to check if MPI causes any trouble?

Hi MrKat!
Thanks for answering.
It’s not the MPI. I’ve run it without MPI and the error still appears. I’ve seen that the force rises to infinit values. I’ve simulated it with u_LB=0.02 and resolution N=110 and nothing… I’m desperate…

I’m myself trying to find an example of a simulation that can be used to simulate a wind flow through an open area. See here. I suspect that “ExternalFlowAroundObject” can be such an example. But I’m still not sure…
So, when I run “ExternalFlowAroundObject” it was running a very long time. It was more than a day. I can’t still understand how to make palabos examples use all CPU cores instead of running in a single thread mode :frowning: At least I can run several examples simultaneously.

Here’s a gif named “vnorm_yslice.gif” after running “ExternalFlowAroundObject” for 3 seconds instead of default 5000.
postimg.org (sorry, imagehack.com offers some 30-day trial)
It looks nice, I think, but maybe it’s a complete nonsense. I’m not an expert in this.

Sorry for my terrible English.

For running Palabos with more than 1 CPU core, you must execute the program with the command -> mpirun -np “nomber of cores” ./“example”. But it takes a long time too and I think that it doesn’t work very good…
I have problems only when my Reynolds nomber is larger than 1000 and vortices appears… With inferior values of Reynolds the results are good.

Maybe I’ve not power in my computer for running such example.

MrKat Wrote:

I’m myself trying to find an example of a
simulation that can be used to simulate a wind
flow through an open area. See

here
. I suspect that
“ExternalFlowAroundObject” can be such an example.
But I’m still not sure…
So, when I run “ExternalFlowAroundObject” it was
running a very long time. It was more than a day.
I can’t still understand how to make palabos
examples use all CPU cores instead of running in a
single thread mode :frowning: At least I can run several
examples simultaneously.

I think you must simulate more time, in your “video” I can see that the wake is still increasing. For execute palabos with more than 1 core you must execute under the order “mpirun -np 8 “(8=nomber of cores)” ./externalflowaroundobject externalflowaroundobject.xml”

Here’s a gif named “vnorm_yslice.gif” after
running “ExternalFlowAroundObject” for 3 seconds
instead of default 5000.
postimg.o
rg (sorry, imagehack.com offers some 30-day
trial)

It looks nice, I think, but maybe it’s a complete
nonsense. I’m not an expert in this.

Sorry for my terrible English.