Shan - Chen model and mass transport

Hi All,

I’m new to LBM and Palabos and I’m facing the problem of mass transport in porous media. I already solved the velocity field for a single component fluid. Now, I would like to simulate the behaviour of air (N2 and O2 solution) within the material and, reached the steady state, I would like to compute the concentration field inside the material after applying different boundary conditions for each species. Can I use the Shan and Chen model to solve the mass transport problem?

I have seen here an example of a simple diffusion process using the Shan - Chen model simply obtained modifying the R-T instability code. It seems it works eventhough I’m wondering if it is the right way to preceede. Does anybody had the same problem as me?

Thank to you all.

Hi sdea

I’m also new to LBM and Palabos and facing the same problem as you, it seems SC LB model could only simulate multiple component & phase fluids, i.e.,immiscible fluid-fluid. Have you solved your problem as using a LB model in mass transport in porous media? and can we communicate more frequently in email?

my email address: sqtong@mail.iggcas.ac.cn

hoping for your voice

polaris