Require - Basic LBM Information to start with

Hi ,

Myself Yogesh , doing Post gratuation (Heat Power) from Pune University . Please give me some information regarding Basics of LBM.

Hello yogesh,

welcome in the forum.

There are different books on this argument, and thesis. Personally I think that this book: “Michael C. Sukop and Daniel T. Thorne (2006), Lattice Boltzmann Modeling; an Introduction for Geoscientists and Engineers” is good, but it lacks for some aspects. I’d suggest you to start with: thesis Viggen (chapter from 1 to 5). Later on, moving on the book for understanding how to code, even if you’d use the home-in house of this website.

Do not hesitate asking for futher suggestions on literature, in particular defining better your field of interest.

Antonio

Hi mortain ,

Thank you very much,

I will go through the respective book suggested and definately there will be some difficulties . I will surely inform you …

Thanks,
Yogesh

Mortain

Can you please email to me the viggen thesis.

email: noor_matric@yahoo.com

Best Regards

Hi,

Here’s a permanent link to that thesis: http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:no:ntnu:diva-6345

Hi Dear Erlend Magnus Viggen,

Thanks a lot dear Erlend Magnus Viggen.

Dear Erlend Magnus Viggen if possible for you can you send it to me the MATLAB code you developed for this thesis. I really want to study your thesis step by step and every line. The same time if you send to me the MATLAB code it will help a lot.

email: noor_matric@yahoo.com

Best Regards

Hi,

Do you mean the Matlab code in the appendix? It’s not very useful to be honest, since it’s only there to show that the lattices are sufficiently good. If you’re looking for good example LB code in Matlab, I suggest you look here.

Hi Dear Erlend Magnus Viggen,

The code you write for Figure 4.8. Is it possible to share.

Best Regards

Sorry, I do not any more have any code that can reproduce that figure. It shouldn’t be too hard to reproduce it by adapting some of the example code that I linked above, though. You’ll need to set up a simulation with bounceback boundaries along the sides of the domain, and an initial condition where all nodes are at equilibrium with zero velocity, and one node has a slightly higher density than the others. I won’t have time to help you with the specifics, though.