Permeability compile Mac OSx

Hello,

I’m unable to compile permeability tutorial on my Mountain Lion mac. Have installed Xcode and enabled everything.

Have modified Makefile so that MPIparallel = false, and usePOSIX = false. I have not touched the example permeability.cpp

cut and paste from the first error in my terminal window I get:

permeability.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
permeability.cpp:174: error: ‘iX’ was not declared in this scope
permeability.cpp:189: error: redeclaration of ‘plb::MultiScalarField3D geometry’
permeability.cpp:172: error: ‘plb::MultiScalarField3D geometry’ previously declared here
g++ -o /Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlockSerializer2D.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -I/Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src -I/Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/externalLibraries /Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlockSerializer2D.cpp
g++ -o /Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlockSerializer3D.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -I/Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src -I/Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/externalLibraries /Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlockSerializer3D.cpp
g++ -o /Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src/atomicBlock/atomicContainerBlock2D.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -I/Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src -I/Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/externalLibraries /Users/ianschipper1/Documents/Palabos/src/atomicBlock/atomicContainerBlock2D.cpp
scons: *** [permeability.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
make: *** [compile] Error 2

Anyone know how to beat this?

Cheers!

I face the same error in Ubuntu linux.

Any idea how to be solved?

Thanx

Hi it seems that the permeability file has a bug. You can download the corrected version here: https://github.com/FlowKit/palabos-examples/blob/master/tutorial/permeability/permeability.cpp

This one worked to me.

Fully appreciated :slight_smile: