Palabos v1.2 released

Dear community,

We’ve been talking about it for some time now, and finally it’s out: the next Palabos release, with a sophisticated model for Lagrangian particles with particle-fluid and particle-particle interaction. It also includes a series of improvements on the free-surface model.

Here are the usual links:
Download
Release Information
Doxygen Documentation

We hope you’ll enjoy working with the newest code!

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Do you have any references for the free surface model used in palabos?

Regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

We essentially implemented the free-surface model developed at the Erlangen University. I say “essentially”, because the free surface model is very tricky and consists of many small but important details. It is difficult to fully describe the model in a publication, or as a reader, fully get all the details from reading one of these publications. As a conclusion, the model implemented in Palabos consists of “the Erlangen model” plus a large collection of small details we added during roughly two years of testing and benchmarking.

The Erlangen model is nicely described in Thomas Pohl’s PhD thesis[/url]. You also find it documented in many of Nils Thürey’s publications, such as [url=http://www10.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/Publications/TechnicalReports/TechRep05-4.pdf]this one.

Cheers,
Jonas

Thanks Jonas.

Hi,

Just trying the Palabos v1.2 version and compile cavity2D, it seems there is new header file i.e. plbRandom.h compare to the previous Palabos version show an error as shown below:
line 69; error: there are no argument to ‘random’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘random’ must be available.

Any clue?

Best Regards,
Pahala

Apologize, the answer is in the other thread.

Hi Jonas,

İs there any improvement in turbulence modelling ?

Regards,

H[size=medium]ii…
I have downloaded palabos few days before. i am not able to install it correctly…My desktop operating system is Scientific Linux 6. i have tried the steps given in click this . But it is showing error as,[/size]

krunal@krunalgangawane tutorial]$ cd tutorial_1    
[krunal@krunalgangawane tutorial_1]$ ls             
Makefile  tmp  tutorial_1_1.cpp  tutorial_1_2.cpp  tutorial_1_4.cpp  tutorial_1_5.cpp  tutorial_1_6.cpp  tutorial_1_7.cpp
[krunal@krunalgangawane tutorial_1]$ make
python ../../../scons/scons.py -j 2 -f ../../../SConstruct palabosRoot=../../.. projectFiles="tutorial_1_1.cpp" optimize=true debug=false profile=false MPIparallel=true SMPparallel=false usePOSIX=true serialCXX=g++ parallelCXX=mpicxx compileFlags="-Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor" linkFlags="" optimFlags="-O3" debugFlags="-g" profileFlags="-pg" libraryPaths="" includePaths="" libraries=""
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
mpicxx -o tutorial_1_1.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -DPLB_USE_POSIX -I/home/krunalgangawane/Downloads/palabos-v1.2r0/src -I/home/krunalgangawane/Downloads/palabos-v1.2r0/externalLibraries tutorial_1_1.cpp
sh: mpicxx: command not found
scons: *** [tutorial_1_1.o] Error 127
mpicxx -o /home/krunalgangawane/Downloads/palabos-v1.2r0/src/io/plbFiles.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -DPLB_USE_POSIX -I/home/krunalgangawane/Downloads/palabos-v1.2r0/src -I/home/krunalgangawane/Downloads/palabos-v1.2r0/externalLibraries /home/krunalgangawane/Downloads/palabos-v1.2r0/src/io/plbFiles.cpp
sh: mpicxx: command not found
scons: *** [/home/krunalgangawane/Downloads/palabos-v1.2r0/src/io/plbFiles.o] Error 127
scons: building terminated because of errors.
make: *** [compile] Error 2
[krunal@krunalgangawane tutorial_1]$

pls help me for installing Palabos …

Thanks and Regards,

[code=“make”]sh: mpicxx: command not found

You need to install openmpi or something equivalent.