Multiphase flow in porous media for digital rocks

Howdy @Taihengliu,

Feel free to check Chapter 5 of my thesis:
https://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/handle/2152/69246

Best,
Javier

1 Like

Hi,Javier
I use your program, if I don’t change Gc, the interfacial tension doesn’t change either, it’s still 0.15.
Thank you for your reply.

Hi,Javier
Can your program be modified to make fluid 2 drive fluid 1?If so, how should I modify it?
Thank you for your reply!

Howdy @Taihengliu,

Fluid 1 and 2 are interchangeable labels. I believe that you would like to change the contact angle and that can be achieved by changing the G_ads of the appropriate surface.

Thanks

Hi Javier
Thank you for your reply.If fluid 2 drives fluid 1, do I need to modify .xml and shanchen.cpp. My question is very simple, but I really want to know about it.
Thank you again.

Hello;
I need to simulate fluid flow in 2D porous media and all the written codes are in 3D. any suggestion?
Many thanks!

Howdy @Elahe,

Here is a 2D implementation. Thanks for your interest.

Best,
J

2 Likes

Dear Javier;

I really appreciate your help!

Many thanks;
Elahe

Hey @jesantos,

I was wondering if you think this could work with air transport through softer porous medium or had any recommendations on how to accomplish this?

Cheers!

hi @jtoller,

I’m guessing that you would have to solve the deformation of the material somewhat independently.
The other avenue is to assume the solid as a super hard/dense fluid, unfortunately the ShanChen model does not support this, maybe the ColorGradient does, but I could be wrong.

Best,
Javier

Dear Palabos community;
Could you please check my recent question? I really need your help.

Divergence of velocity field for porous media

Many thanks;
Elahe

Hellol, everyone
I want to know what the validation_YoungLaplace does?

Dear Javier
After the unsteady simulation is complete, can you find information about the two phase intersecting interfaces.What should I do if I can.
Thanks very much.

Hello, I would like to know whether this G_ads parameter is actually interpreted as a virtual wall density or a tensor between solid and liquid better?

公式
Hello, I want to know the source of this formula。

Hi Javier
I want to know where these curves come from.In particular,the intrusion Pc.

Hi,

the 2D implementation appears to be no longer be found. Is it possible to update it again? Thank you very much.

Best regards

We would like to invite everyone to try the version 2.0 of our new python palabos wrapper. Please let us know what you think.

We also released a SoftwareX paper with our wrapper:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352711022000668?via%3Dihub

We welcome contributions

Hello @jesantos,

Thanks for your code. I’m using your code to simulate a multiphasic flow through a porous media, I can’t understand how to determent the value of min-radius and the num_pc_step. Can you please explain it in an example ?