MCMP Zheng Shu

Hey,
I am trying to simulate a multi component multi phase problem, jet in a cross flow, at high density ratios O(1000). All the codes in palabos are not good for simuating MCMP for high density ratios (Shan chen, lee-lin). I came to know about this paper,
A Lattice Boltzmann model for multiphase flows with large density ratio, Zhen Chu
which has been used for such cases, has anyone implemented this for solving MCMP problems in palabos.
Thanks

Hello

The multiphase models used in the Palabos are actually based model and for simulation of flows with high density ratios you have to develope the code by new methods like EDM in Pseudopoential model. As far as I know the lee model can be used for 1000 density ratio. Therefore, choose one of them and develope the code to get high density ratio.

this paper: “A Lattice Boltzmann model for multiphase flows with large density ratio, Zhen Chu” is useful for flows with density ratio fewer than 500 so it is not the best choice. I suggest using Kupershtokh proposed model (EDM).

Regards