Local, ZouHe, Inamuro,Interp Difference

Hi,

Can you tell the difference between Local, ZouHe, Inamuro and Interp BOUNDARY CONDITIONS ?

Hi Ziad,

welcome to the Palabos forum :slight_smile:! It is a long story. Shortly…ZouHe and Inamuro are (wet node) boundary conditions for straight boundaries, while with “interpolated” generally people refer to boundary condition methods used to describe curved geometries, because in that case interpolations are often needed. Finally “local” is a term usually used to mean that the boundary condition uses only a single layer of nodes (the closest to the boundary) to operate.

Cheers,

Francesco

Thanks a lot

Can i find an article where they describe in detail each boundary condition ?

Hi Ziad,

sure.

• For ZouHe Inamuro and Regualrized (Grad) boundary condition, I suggest to read Orestis’ thesis chapter 4 (pag 59)
    [1] O. P. Malaspinas, “Lattice Boltzmann method for the simulation of viscoelastic fluid flows,” 2009.
    there you can find also the references to the original papers.

• For curved boundary conditions I suggest to watch the Palabos summers school video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fK8PTwsoY&t=2247s) and the following references
    [2] M. Bouzidi, M. Firdaouss, and P. Lallemand, “Momentum transfer of a Boltzmann-lattice fluid with boundaries,” Physics of Fluids , vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 3452–3459, Oct. 2001, doi: 10.1063/1.1399290.
    [3] Kruger et al., The lattice Boltzmann method: principles and practice . New York, NY: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2016.

Cheers,

Francesco