loadData function

Hi,
Does the loadData function actually exist? I have saved checkpoint data for a simulation using the saveData function as in the bstep3d example and would like to load the data in order to restart the run. Is the currently possible? When i try to compile the code with the function call I get a “no matching function” error message.
Thanks!

Perhaps I should be more specific. I see that the loadData function appears to be included in the serializerIO source code. However, when I try to compile a solver using this function I get the following error:

===========
rt_shear.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
rt_shear.cpp:228: error: no matching function for call to ‘loadData(olb::MultiBlockLattice2D<double, olb::descriptors::ForcedShanChenD2Q9Descriptor>&, const char [17])’
rt_shear.cpp:229: error: no matching function for call to ‘loadData(olb::MultiBlockLattice2D<double, olb::descriptors::ForcedShanChenD2Q9Descriptor>&, const char [17])’

The specific problem I am solving is essentially a combination of the cavity2d and the multiComponent2d examples where I am trying to shear the liq-liq system. Does the loadData function not work with the Shan-Chen model? The saveData command seems to work without issue.
Thanks.

Thank you for pointing out this problem. Indeed, the function loadData is unavailable in Version 0.5r0. You will find a new version 0.5r1 on the download page, in which this is fixed. Although it has not been explicitly tested, the function loadData should work with the Shan-Chen model. Simply save both grids separately. And please keep us updated if it still doesn’t work.
Good luck.