Is this possible with Palabos?

Hello!

This is my first post and I have not been using Palabos for very long so please forgive me if I have misunderstood anything. A colleague of mine is in urgent need of a way to simulate colliding bubbles. So I thought about suggesting Palabos to him for to solve this problem. I see there is a collidingBubbles3d code in the showcase folder and thought that this may be a good starting point for him. The key questions I need answers for are:

In Palabos is it possible to set the parameters so that the bubbles bounce off each other rather than coalescing into a single larger bubble?;

In Palabos is it possible to include adhesion between the surfaces of the two bubbles?

I have tired to run the showcase on my laptop but it is taking some time and the bubbles do not seem to move any closer to each other, so I thought I would ask here so that I can let my colleague know if he needs to look at other options or if Palabos is indeed suitable for his work. Note, we both use LBM in our work but are completely new to C++ codes. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

Hello again,

If it’s possible I really need a reply to this question. If anyone has an idea if the above is possible that would be a really really big help to me!

Best regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I don’t know whether it’s possible to do it with the example code available with Palabos. However, I saw some presentations with bounced droplets instead of coalescing in certain regions of the Weber number. You can consult papers by Ernesto Monaco and Pablo Dupuy.

Hopefully it will help,
Alex