implicit Shan Chen for stable multiphase simulations

Dear all,

Let me draw your attention to an article cited at the end of this message.
The authors present an implicit formulation of the SC multiphase model and are able to largely extend the range of achievable parameter space in terms of Mo and Eo as compared to the original SC model. Since the method is implicit, there is a need of some iterative calculations, which still remain local in nature - they can be independently performed for each node.

The method seems almost as easy to implement as the original SC and being much more stable and allowing larger time steps seems very attractive. Nevertheless, I have not been able to find any posterior articles using this same method.

I would like to ask the LBM community if anybody has tried the method in this article or has a usefull coment on that. Also

I would be gratefull of any other comments on implicit LBM.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Yulian

“Analysis of drag and virtual mass forces in bubbly suspensions using an implicit formulation of the lattice Boltzmann method”,
K. S A N K A R A N A R A Y A N A N, X. S H A N, I. G. K E V R E K I D I S AND S. S U N D A R E S A N
Department of Chemical Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
J. Fluid Mech. (2002), vol. 452, pp. 61-96