Errors compiling examples in clean install

I am a new user who is trying to use palabos on a windows 7 computer, by following the instructions on this page: http://www.palabos.org/documentation/userguide/getting-started.html#compilation-under-windows-and-under-many-other-oses-with-the-integrated-development-environment-code-blocks
As suggested on that page, i am using Code::blocks and minGW. (i would actually prefer eclipse, as that is what my research professor is using, but i do not know how to set that up.) However, when i attempt to compile the project, i get errors in the turbulence example, which is an issue as i need to use that one for my research. Here is the error output:

||=== Build: Release in Palabos (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\Users\estone\Documents\palabos-v1.4r1\examples\tutorial\permeability\permeability.cpp||In function 'int main(int, char**)':|
C:\Users\estone\Documents\palabos-v1.4r1\examples\tutorial\permeability\permeability.cpp|174|error: 'iX' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Users\estone\Documents\palabos-v1.4r1\examples\tutorial\permeability\permeability.cpp|189|error: redeclaration of 'plb::MultiScalarField3D<int> geometry'|
C:\Users\estone\Documents\palabos-v1.4r1\examples\tutorial\permeability\permeability.cpp|172|error: 'plb::MultiScalarField3D<int> geometry' previously declared here|
..\src\multiPhysics\twoPhaseModel3D.h||In function 'plb::TwoPhaseModel plb::stringToTwoPhaseModel(std::string)':|
..\src\multiPhysics\twoPhaseModel3D.h|216|warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]|
||=== Build failed: 3 error(s), 1 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 9 second(s)) ===|

Note that here was also an error in one of the header files regarding it not being able to find “isnull” despite cmath being installed, which i fixed by replacing that statement with “std::isnull”. Perhaps a similar namespace issue is what is causing the problem? Note that i only have around a year of coding experience (and all of that was using visual c++ or cygwin).