Compile problemas

Dear community of Palabos,

I am trying to run your software for academic studies and when I try to execute the “make” command in order to comile the tutorial_1 an error comes out. It says
“sh: mpicxx: command not found”
“scons: *** [tutorial_1_1.o] Error 127”

“make: *** [compile] Error 2]”
I am trying it with MAC OS X 10.11.6 and I have downloaded xcode as it is said. I have also try to introduce “-DPLB_MAC_OS_X” but nothing changes.
I would be pleased if anyone of the palabos community may help me.
Thank you very much in advance and congratulations for the software.

Regards,

Guillermo Izquierdo Bouldstridge

Dear Guillermo Izquierdo Bouldstridge,

I have no experience with running palabos under Mac OS, but at a first glance, this looks like a problem with your mpi installation. You should check whehter an MPI library (e.g. openmpi) is installed and if so, if it is placed in a standard location.

Independently of that, you could also try to set the “MPIparallel” flag in the Makefile to false and recompile.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

kk

Thank you, problem solved :slight_smile:

Hello KK,

I am having the same error msg while running the tutorials. I have installed the openpmi as you suggested, but still getting the same error. What did you mean by placing it in a standard location? I might be missing something.

I would highly appreciate any help. I am running it on ubuntu.

Thanks.

Hi,
I think, although OpenMPI have been already installed, but the address might not be set in the environment.
I suggest you to do the following:
1- Set MPI-parallel mode in false mode and check how your program works with single core.
2- In terminal, type "mpirun --version " you should get something like

mpirun (Open MPI) 1.10.2

Report bugs to http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

otherwise, follow the steps below
Here

note: the guideline is for openmpi version 1.6 however the process is the same as the updated one.

The best,
Arman

Hello,

The code runs fine if I set the “MPIparallel” mode to false. I got the same message after typing “mpirun --version”. What do I do next?

I have also followed your pdf instructions but did not get what to do after the installation. Did you mean to type “echo “export PATH=$PATH: /usr/local/bin” >> $HOME/.bashrc” in the terminal? However, I did type it and getting a syntax error. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I guess, I found the step you missed.

Open terminal and follow the steps below:
1- type gedit ~/.bashrc
2- at the end of the file add: (noted: assume the software is installed in the location ~/openmpi)
export PATH="$PATH:/home/$USER/openmpi/bin"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/$USER/openmpi/lib/"
3- save the file, close the terminal and open a new one.

Arman

Thanks Arman. It worked!