Capabilities of LBM

Is it possible to simulate the mixing of two different gases with the LBM?ì For instance air and hydrogen ?

Because I can find simulation of muktiphase or non newtonian fluid but some papers about the presence of different gases, hence the calculation of different density and viscosity, is not present. In fact, in this case, how shall we define the viscosity of the system and the Reynolds number?

Thanks in advance

Antonio

Dear Antonio,

Probably this person deals with it http://staff.polito.it/pietro.asinari/ - you can take a look at his publications.

Hopefully it will help,
Alex

Thanks Alessandro!

I already saw even the Palabos software, which can deal with multicomponent mixture. Unfortunately, I have to use a code already written in fortran and implement the capability of dealing wth two different fluids with different density, and it seems that mass is creating in the system…trying to sort out the problem.

I’ll send an e-mail to Prof. Arsinari, to see if there’s any reason and even how to behave for the two values of viscosity —> of tau -----> of dt_P

Cheers

Antonio

Hi,

I haven’t read this article very thoroughly, but I think it might be of interest to you:
Lattice Bhatnagar-Gross-Krook models for miscible fluids

Erlend M