bug with MACOS

Hi to everybody.

I tried many times before to write to you but I have an unsolvable problem to run the examples.
I tried to run the cavity.2dd but palabos report this problem.

scons: Reading SConscript files …
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets …
false -o cavity2d.o -c -DPLB_MAC_OS_X -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries cavity2d.cpp
false -o /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/algorithm/basicAlgorithms.o -c -DPLB_MAC_OS_X -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/algorithm/basicAlgorithms.cpp
false -o /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/algorithm/statistics.o -c -DPLB_MAC_OS_X -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/algorithm/statistics.cpp
false -o /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlock2D.o -c -DPLB_MAC_OS_X -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlock2D.cpp
false -o /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlock3D.o -c -DPLB_MAC_OS_X -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlock3D.cpp
scons: *** [cavity2d.o] Error 1
scons: *** […/palabos-v1.5r1/src/algorithm/basicAlgorithms.o] Error 1
false -o /…/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlockOperations2D.o -c -DPLB_MAC_OS_X -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -I/…/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/…/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /Users/simoneripandelli/Desktop/Università/Bioengineering/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlockOperations2D.cpp
scons: *** […/palabos-v1.5r1/src/algorithm/statistics.o] Error 1
scons: *** […/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlock2D.o] Error 1
scons: *** […/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlock3D.o] Error 1
scons: *** […/palabos-v1.5r1/src/atomicBlock/atomicBlockOperations2D.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
make: *** [compile] Error 2

Hello Simone,

I just compiled cavity2d of Palabos v1.5r1 on a Mac OS X 10.10.2 with:

Apple LLVM version 6.0 (clang-600.0.56) (based on LLVM 3.5svn)

Which compiler did you use?

Best,
Dimitris

GCC even if I tried also to use XCODE as tool.

SMN

I solved the problem modifying the Makefile correctly.
The bug was very simple.

In the Makefile, working with MACOS having gcc compiler, it is necessary to modify the Makefile script as follows:

General compiler flags (e.g. -Wall to turn on all warnings on g++)

compileFlags = -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor

becomes

General compiler flags (e.g. -Wall to turn on all warnings on g++)

compileFlags = -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -DPLB_MAC_OS_X

and everything work correctly

SR