beginners problem in linux mint with palabos

Due to the problems in the code block and not being able to run some programs on it i tried linuxmint for the first time. I did what was told on the guide. after doing all that i tried to use make command. i got an error about mpicxx. after searching in the forum i got this solution
http://www.palabos.org/forum/read.php?11,4295
I downloaded gramacs MPI from software manager and installed it . I hope i did not mess up here ( i am new to linux ). and i did what was told in the rest : setting the path. and now i am going to send you the whole thing. please help me I would really appreciate I have no idea what is going on here . thx

amir@XPS-M1530 ~/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/examples/showCases/cavity2d $ make
Command ‘make’ is available in ‘/usr/bin/make’
The command could not be located because ‘/usr/bin’ is not included in the PATH environment variable.
make: command not found
amir@XPS-M1530 ~/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/examples/showCases/cavity2d $ export PATH=/usr/bin
amir@XPS-M1530 ~/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/examples/showCases/cavity2d $ make
python …/…/…/scons/scons.py -j 6 -f …/…/…/SConstruct palabosRoot=…/…/… projectFiles=“cavity2d.cpp” optimize=true debug=false profile=false MPIparallel=true SMPparallel=false usePOSIX=true serialCXX=g++ parallelCXX=mpicxx compileFlags="-Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor" linkFlags="" optimFlags="-O3" debugFlags="-g" profileFlags="-pg" libraryPaths="" includePaths="" libraries=""
scons: Reading SConscript files …
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets …
mpicxx -o cavity2d.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -DPLB_USE_POSIX -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries cavity2d.cpp
mpicxx -o /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/complexDynamics/carreauGlobalDefs.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -DPLB_USE_POSIX -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/complexDynamics/carreauGlobalDefs.cpp
mpicxx -o /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffFunctional3D.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -DPLB_USE_POSIX -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffFunctional3D.cpp
mpicxx -o /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffWrapper2D.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -DPLB_USE_POSIX -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffWrapper2D.cpp
mpicxx -o /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffFunctional2D.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -DPLB_USE_POSIX -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffFunctional2D.cpp
scons: *** [cavity2d.o] Error 127
mpicxx -o /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffWrapper3D.o -c -Wall -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DPLB_MPI_PARALLEL -DPLB_USE_POSIX -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src -I/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/externalLibraries /home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffWrapper3D.cpp
scons: *** [/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/complexDynamics/carreauGlobalDefs.o] Error 127
scons: *** [/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffFunctional3D.o] Error 127
scons: *** [/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffWrapper2D.o] Error 127
scons: *** [/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffFunctional2D.o] Error 127
scons: *** [/home/amir/palabos/palabos-v1.5r1/src/dataProcessors/metaStuffWrapper3D.o] Error 127
scons: building terminated because of errors.
make: *** [compile] Error 2

so i found the error . being new to linux i installed the wrong mpi files from software manager. install these exact packages and it should work . don’t change the path as indicated in the link . mpi-default-bin, mpi-default-dev