about the curved boundary treatment

Hi everyone,
I have a question about the curved boundary treatment.
For the flow through a cylinder, how to treat the inner node of the cylinder? Could i choose the bounce-back BC for every node of cylinder? Or i choose the other high order method for treating nearest body nodes of the curved boundary of the cylinder and use the bounce-back BC for inner node of cylinder?
Thank you so much.

cheers,
Bruce

Hello,

the inner nodes of the cylinder can be treated with no dynamics at all (or with bounce back). The boundary nodes themselves can be treated with bounce back if you are satisfied with a “first order” accurate scheme.

Hello,

Another opportunity is to perform simulation on a rectangular grid for cylindrical coordinates. In this case the equations will have some additional mass and force terms. You can refer to works of T.Reis or I can send you my work. Please write me to shurik.kuzmin@gmail.com as far as I’m not too often here.

Cheers,
Alex

hi im new in LBM i want to apply the bounce back condition in sinusoidal boundary.plz tell me how i write the code to simulate liquid drop moving through sinusoidal boundary. plz plz write me on mdquaisar.iitg@gmail.com

Hi
I want to model the moving disk (Moving circle) in a channel with LBM. I have confused about the sequence of implementation of the LBM method. we used:
1- Collision in the fluids
2- Bounce back at the moving wall of the disk
3- calculation of the force and torque on the particle (disk)
4- update the location of particle
5- Streaming??

I dont know when can I use the streaming, or calculation of force?? the papers used (t+0.5*Deltat) for calculation of force and torque on the curve boundary. Would you please guide me about the sequence of implementation of method??

thank you in advance

Mohsen