3D Shan Chen model based MATLAB code available

Hi all,

I have developed 3D Shan Chen based MATLAB code out of pure interest and it seems to be working very nice on all the test cases I have tried. The mixture of oil-water flowing through pipe, dropping of a droplet onto the surface of other liquid, flow of water through porous rocks, breaking waves etc. are some of those cases that I have tried and it worked really best.

I am ready to share the code with you all if you have genuine interest in using LBM related to these applications. The code is shareable, reproducible without any copyright requirements. No citing is required as well. You can show them as your work too. If you wish to use the code, comment down or email me at ayushrai@iitk.ac.in.

Thank you
Ayush

10 Likes

Hi Ayush, You rock! It’s a fabulous job that you develop the Matlab code from scratch.

1 Like

Hi, it’s a great job creating a code from scratch.

Hi @ayushrai,
I was trying to solve for velocity profile for poiseuille flow between 2 fixed parallel plates in the entrance/developing region by LBM. Could you please help me with that? If you have a code for the same, please share with me (chz208393@chemical.iitd.ac.in). It will be very helpful. I have attached an image of a similar problem(not exact though).

Thanks and regards,
Rameez

Hi Ayush
It’s a good job.I am a graduate student and I am conducting research on two-phase flows in porous media.I really want to take a look at your code.
Thank you
taiheng

Hi Ayushrai
You’re great. I am a graduate student. I am trying to simulate the oil-water two-component flow and contact angle phenomenon, but it has not been successful. I urgently want to take a look at your code.My email is zyqzyh2021@126.com.

Thank you
zyqpds

Hi Ayushrai

What a brilliant job! I am a graduate student and I am learning two-phase flow in LBM. May I take a look at your code? My email is chenzy0316@163.com.

Thank you
Fallen

Hello Ayushrai

You did a great job. I am a graduate student. I am puzzled by LBM’s theoretical study.

I hope to have a more emotional understanding of the theory through the study of code.

I urgently want to take a look at your code. This is my email.

Thank you
Mingdai

Hi Ayushrai

What a brilliant job! I am a graduate student and I am learning porous flow in LBM. can you share your code to me? My email is [liwenlong_8023@163.com].

Thank you
Wenlong Li

Hi, I am a graduate student and it would be great if you can share your code with me. My email is
levin_ho@outlook.com

Thank you very much,
Levin

I am currently trying to understand how does the simulation of fluid injecting into a porous medium works with LBM.

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for your contribution to the development of LBM.
I am a PhD student from Chongqing University, Chongqing City, China. I am learning to use LBM to simulate two-phase flow in porous media. I urgently want to take a look at your code and learn from you the idea of developing LBM code. My email is jiajunpeng@cqu.edu.cn.
Best wish to you.

Thank you
Jiajun peng

Hello Ayushrai,

Thank you for your contribution for the LBM.

I am a PhD student from Xi’an JiaoTong University, China. I am learning to use LBM to simulate boiling heat transfer.I confused the fluid-solid interaction using the virtual density method, and the different contact angles are not obtained yet.

Can I learn from your idea of developing LBM code? My email is zhangchuangde@outlook.com

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wisher to you.

CD Zhang

Respected Mr. Ayush Rai,

I hope you are doing well. As mentioned above, can you send the code at waqar15293@yahoo.com? I am new in LBM and I will be very thankful for your help.

Kind regards,
Waqar

Dear ayushrai

I am a graduate student of China University of Mining & Technology-Beijing and I'm trying to use LBM to simulate two-phase flows in porous media. I am writing to request if  you could share your matlab code of the 3D Shan Chen model. 

I m look forword for your reply and thank you.

Kind regards!

Yuliang Zhou

My email zhouylscbj@sina.com

十分感谢!thanks!my email 3073946816@qq.com

Hi Ayush
I am conducting some researches on two-phase flows in porous medias. You did a good job for the 3D Shan Chen based MATLAB code. I am new at LBM and want to learn from your code. Could you share your code to me? My email is : 1079927068@qq.com
Thanks!

Hi Ayush,
thank you for sharing your work.
I am a graduate student and I’m working on flow in porous media. I need your code to finish my work.
Would you mind sending me your code?
Yours faithfully.

Hi Ayushrai,

I am a PhD student from Singapore NTU. Currently learning LBM to simulate droplet evaporation on textured surface. Struggling code myself. Could you kindly share me the code. it would really be a great help to me. Thank you so much in advance.

My email: lims0283@e.ntu.edu.sg